Thursday, March 10, 2005

Darius Rucker's Burger King Commercial



Would you buy a Whopper from this man?

But hey, I'm not gonna be a hater...my man Hootie has got to make that paper, too.

Though, that said, I can't believe that Mr. Rucker has spent all of that Cracked Rear View loot and really needs to shill burgers in this odd little fantasia of a commercial (that Burger King character is one creepy son of a gun, they really should rethink using his weird mug in their TV advertising)...but stranger things have happened.

(At least Burger King stopped showing the ad with Omarosa...I'll take Cowboy Hootie over that "lady" any day...)

6 comments:

Carl said...

That commercial was so surreal it wasn't until the second time I saw it I realized that it wasn't a joke. I thought it was a SNL parody, with all of the sexual innuendo and such. Hootie has sunk to a new low (or has he? you see how hot those ladies are?).

Michael K. Willis said...

Brooke Burke is one of the girls and some of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders are in there too.

Toad734 said...

I know no one listens to Hootie and the Blowfish anylonger but this is sad.

Anonymous said...

Took me a while to figure out what they were selling or who it was for.

Ryan M Scott said...

It seemed to me that was a takeoff of the start of O Brother Where Art Thou when we meet our heroes and the blind oracle (not the chaingang part) , it has the handcar, and his whopper song is like Big Rock Candy Mountain. Anyone else agree?

carrie said...

i love that commercial!!!!!

i didn't know it was hootie til just now.

i just saw hootie & the blowfish on sesame street and this is the first time i've thought... "hey, darius is sexy!"

i look forward to the release of his new solo album.