Saturday, February 05, 2005

My side of the Rainbow

The Neverending Rainbow will be a pop culture haven...a place to expound on that which engenders passion in my fickle soul to the degree that I want to share it with others who may or may not feel the same siren call.

I claim no special qualifications for this beyond my love for books, music, and movies, which stretches back into my youth (a time of wonder and shyness and openness to learning as much as I could about anything that crossed the threshhold of my perceptions.)

I have too many books (which is a silly phrase, of course...there's no such thing as "too many books", there's just not enough time to savor them all as quickly as one would like), a burgeoning collection of recordings (1,600 CDs..."Bach to rock", if you'll pardon a cliche), an eclectic collection of DVDs (and an active Netflix subscription), and once a month the good folks at DHL deliver unto me a large box of comic books (the 9-year-old in me never surrendering his affection for that particular medium.)

As I write this, I have no idea how often this blog will be updated...but I shall endeavor to keep it as fresh as possible.

Reccomendations are always welcome (I've been thrilled to be exposed to some amazing stuff by the opinions of other like-minded folks.)

Namaste, y'all.

* * * * *

Currently in my CD player:

"Bigger is Always Better" Deni Bonet
"True Love" Toots and the Maytals
"The 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration" Bob Dylan and Friends
"Live from New York" Gilda Radner



No comments: