Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Random Pop Culture List


Spinner.com has come up with their list of the Best Opening Lyrics (to a song from the rock and roll era one has to presume given the interesting...and decidedly random...results.) Their top 10:

10) Tommy used to work on the docks – Bon Jovi’s “Livin’ on a Prayer”

9) Jesus died for somebody’s sins but not mine – Patti Smith’s “Gloria”

8) Well it’s one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, now go, cat, go! – Carl Perkins’ “Blue Suede Shoes”

7) In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey – Beck’s “Loser”

6) Why do birds suddenly appear every time you’re near? – The Carpenters’ “Close to You”

5) Don’t call it a comeback – LL Cool J’s “Mama Said Knock You Out”

4) Well she was just 17, you know what I mean – The Beatles’ “I Saw Her Standing There”

3) Hey ho, let’s go! – The Ramones' “Blitzkrieg Bop”

2) I was born in a crossfire hurricane – The Rolling Stones’ “Jumpin’ Jack Flash”

1) She’s a very kinky girl – Rick James’ “Super Freak”


Um, okay… :-)

* * * * *
MKW Creative Writing Blogstuff: Bread and Roses

MKW Comic Book Blogstuff: Suspending Disbelief

No comments: